Today the guys lay out 10 crucial questions to ask before joining a new church, or to ask as diagnostic questions for your current church. We hope through this episode that our listeners are able to gain clarity about what is essential in a local congregation and that our love collectively for the people of God would grow.
Here are the 10 questions:
1. Am I leaving my current church for a good reason?
2. Is the gospel central to everything that this church is and does?
3. Does this church love its community and seek to be a blessing to it?
4. Is the pastor involved in the life of the congregation?
5. Is there a mutuality and plurality of leadership?
6. Is this church a true community of believers who honestly confront sin and give grace?
7. Do they preach expositionally?
8. How does this church engage with current cultural events?
9. How does this church view baptism and communion?
10. Does this church value congregational singing in corporate worship?
Both Ben and Greg's criteria for congregational singing can be found on the blog.
Music: "Cello From Portland", "Sovereign", and "Slain" by Beautiful Eulogy