In this episode, Greg and Ben turn the focus towards their own theological tribe and attempt to point out some flaws within it. No theology is perfect and certainly those who hold that theology are less than perfect as well. The six critiques the guys offer up on this episode are:
- Solo leadership by pastors that turns into a cult of personality.
- The tendency to only associate with those from the same theological tribe.
- Skepticism towards social justice ministries.
- Human beings are treated simply as "brains on a stick" rather than fully embodied human beings.
- The forcing of everything in the Bible into systematic categories.
- An overall lack of grace and propensity to be hypercritical.
In offering up these critiques it is the guys' hope not to tear down but to build up in love and have a few laughs at ourselves along the way.
- You Are What You Love by James K. A. Smith
- Cultural Liturgies Trilogy by James K. A. Smith
- "Machen's Warrior Children" by John Frame at https://frame-poythress.org/machens-warrior-children/
Music: "Cello From Portland" and "Hello From Portland" by Beautiful Eulogy